Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I'm in a Pink Haze during Tax Season

Tax Season---Here Again


I'm so excited.  Today I received a bar each of all the new spring Scentsy scents---all 15!  On cold sniff, there isn't a single one that pushes my yuck button, which is an amazing feat because, well, you know how I am!  I'm also glad to have new scents to review.

The new scents are, in alphabetical order:

Bamboo Yuzu
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
Blondwood and Moonflower
Bonfire Beach
Coconut Cotton
Coconut Flower
Dark Harbor
Fields of Gold
Fresh Cut Daisies
My Only Sunshine
Mystic Magnolia
Poppy and Blush Suede
Sea, Sun, & Fun
Sedona Sunset
Sunburst Blooms

A few I'm a little concerned might go a little perfumey when warmed, like Sedona Sunset and Coconut Cotton.  Others are for sure thumbs up, like Bonfire Beach and Fields of Gold (wellll, I say that now.  We shall see)  Even the banana one smells good.  Am I becoming a sweet scent person?  hmmmmmmm

It is nice to have this little bit of fun smackdab in the middle of tax season.  This year is very busy.  No matter whether your opinion of Obamacare is yay or nay, the "affordable care act" has added a whole new layer of headache into the taxcode.  The calculations would make even a math major's head explode.  It is mindboggling.  Add in some healthcare.gov paperwork snafus, IRS slowdowns, and eager taxpayers, and you have a quite a volatile combination!

Today I popped in Coconut Flower to try, so that will be my first review in coming days.
However, I do have a review of the February scent of the month, Pink Haze.  It will be available for at least another four and a half months, so happy days if you haven't purchased yours yet.

Pink Haze


A sweet confection of berries, nectarines and vanilla-laced whipped cream nestled in marshmallow fondant.

I'll say it straight out.  This is one of my favorite scents to come out in a very long time. I've heard a couple of folks say they think it smells like cotton candy, and although I don't completely agree, I can see where they're coming from.

Pink Haze is sweet, but not in the same way that praline or caramel scents are sweet.  This is marshmallow, people!  Yum!  It is a much subtler sweet than bakery scents can be, and everyone in the family loves it, although they tend to be like me---not sweet scent lovers.  I really can't pick out specific notes in Pink Haze.  It is just a lightly fruity, lightly marshmallow, deliciously marshmallow scent.  If you liked the now discontinued My Wish, you'll love Pink Haze.  With my latest order I got another six pack (on top of the 10 bars I originally had!)  You can bet your sweet bippy I'll be stocking up before this one goes away, too.  A perfect 10 in every category!


Family Update


Ah, my babies are getting so big!  Wee Elf is almost two now, and just a real little person.  Love that girl--she is just a ball of curiosity and entertainment.  Soren is 14 months!  Hard to believe.  He looks so much like boy version of his mama when she was little, but he is for sure all boy.  If there is a puddle or dirt hole, that dude is heading straight for it.  He has added a whole new dimension to my life since the experience of a little boy is new to us, having raised girls.  Such fun, and even if he does like to roll in the dirt, he is not above having a cuddle from time to time with Grandma.  Love that lovebug!  Elf Alice will be welcoming her new little sibling in June--Jack Jack the WonderBaby (okay, just Jack, but that is his working nickname).  We are very excited (and a little surprised) that we are starting to be surrounded by little boys now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment