Friday, September 12, 2014

Welcome Fall

Pomegranate Pear

Sweet nashi pear garnished with violet petals, pomegranate seeds, and curls of orange zest.


I was an avid reader as a young girl, and I vividly remember the Pooh stories that always began something like....In Which Pooh Learns...

This review should be prefaced....In Which Suz Learns, Yet Again, that Melting a Scent Changes Everything She Thought She Knew About It.

The delicious woody character I detected in Pom Pear on cold sniff was undoubtedly due to the violet petals. Yet violet petals become decidedly perfumey and floral when melted. How quickly I forget. Another scent I had so much hope for, only to become something I don't particularly care for when warmed. I'm oh-for-two in the fall scent trials.

It's not that this isn't relatively pleasant. It is okay. But, the name is misleading, because this is really meant for floral lovers. I like the soft florals, not the violet petal florals. In fact, I still have a lot of Violet Leaves from last year's scent of the year that I just can't bring myself to melt. I just wouldn't be inclined to ever seek Pom Pear out because it is not my thing. I was picturing a fall cornucopia overfilled with pomegranate and late season pears surrounded with vining fall leaves on a crisp fall day. Pom Pear is an old-fashioned perfume spritzer on my grandma's vanity.

Scent Rating: 5

Scent Throw: 9

Scent Lasting Power: will update

Tomorrow's trial? Sno-leil! Marshmallow never disappoints.



In Family News

September really is the best month in the Pacific Northwest. After a long, hot, dry summer (this year anyway), the mornings are crisp and cool, yet the days are still sunny and warm. Perfect. Please stay like this forever!

Our Little Buddy will be 8 months old tomorrow and Wee Elf will be 16 months old just a few days after that. Little Buddy is sooooo close to crawling. That boy is just one big ball o'happy--just about the most cheerful little dude you're gonna run across, but when he does cry. Oh My! The drama involved about melts your heart. The little little lip pouts out, the wide blue eyes pour wee tears, and then the saddest cry known to man comes pouring out. Way to manipulate Grandma, Little Guy! And of course, he's a genius. Here he is--already learning to drive the tractor. See how he's reaching for the shift knob?

Of course, we all know Elf has had Grandma wrapped around her little finger for a goodly while now. Girlfriend is a wee version of a Mad Scientist these days....what happens if I stick this in the cabinet? Will it be there when I open the door back up? Why Yes! Yes, it's there! Oh wait! Hey, it's me in the mirror! Look, I can spear watermelon out of the serving bowl myself! Her Mom and Dad are amazing at letting her do things for herself, and she does! She handles a fork better than most adults, fergoshsakes. Here she is sitting on her favorite "chair"--a FoodSaver box, lol.

I'm looking forward to enjoying a few more weeks of this delicious weather with my babies. Got to get them outside while the getting is good.






No comments:

Post a Comment