Saturday, September 27, 2014

Orange Amber

Got a hilarious note from a customer this week.  It said,  "I can review Orange Amber in two words: Mandarin Moon."

I could almost hear Orange Amber whispering, "I resemble that remark."

But all jesting aside, there are some similarities, although I personally think Mandarin Moon is way spicier.  When I first melted Orange Amber, my first thought was that it smelled an awful lot like an oldie, now retired, Two Harbors.

Orange Amber's description is:  An alluring blend of bitter orange and clementine, exotic wild ginger, cozy cardamom, and sultry amber.

Two Harbor's was:  Escape to distant shores with tart Meyer lemon and refreshing lime, warmed by sweet vanilla and golden amber rays.


As you can see, it is that citrus/amber thing. However, back to the original comparison.  All I can say is, if Orange Amber and Mandarin Moon were 20's movie characters, Mandarin Moon would be a wild flapper dancing the Charleston and Orange Amber would be the refined gentleman retired to his palatial library.  Gotta say, I do like both, but I'm a little less...well, enervated...by Orange Amber.

But, all it really boils down to is...do you like citrus scents?  Or not?  Does it hedge on orange cleaner, or is it better than that?

Orange Amber is just orange mellowed by amber--not too cleanerish--and just fine.  It is Two Harbors redux, Mandarin Moon only less spicy, Sunkissed Citrus, only, well, a little different.  In other words, we've been there, done that.  And the down side for me is that Orange Amber seems to fade into the sunset pretty quickly...I got a day.  So, the scent is a 6, throw is an 8, and last is a 5.

Next up in the Scentsy Fall 2014 review line-up:  Gonna switch things up and turn up my girly-girl with Shimmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment