Wednesday, April 16, 2014

I'm Polynesian Dreamin'

Polynesian Dreams

 I've had so much fun trying out the new scents this spring--a really yummerz bunch--but I think I've found one of my faves (to be fair--I haven't tried them ALL yet.  Still working on it).  Drum Roll, please!!   These days, I'm loving Polynesian Dreams!


Pure island indulgence: lush honeydew, kiwi, and papaya with blossoming hibiscus.

 I'll be honest, I can't really pick out any one of the scent notes by themselves.  They're just that amazingly well-balanced.  Lightly fruity, lightly floral (and do I detect even the slightest bit of smooth vanilla??), Polynesian Dreams is a delight to my senses.  It's like wrapping myself with sunshine or crawling into a spring cornucopia.  I can imagine myself spread out on a beach towel in the tropics, eyeshades on, taking a big sniff of all the glorious sun-warmed fruits and flowers wafting their way towards my nose. Yum and double yum.  I can't get enough of it.  I'm even pleased that the scent seems to last and throw well.  Polynesian Dreams is destined to become a Scentsy Favorite, one that is sure to please just about everyone.  Even Mister likes it.  'Nuff said.
 
 Scent Rating:              10
Scent Throw:                8
Scent Lasting Power     8



 A Little Public Service Share (Off-Topic)

Ok.  I don't normally do this.  But recently, I've had a miserable experience with a company, and I feel the need to share in order to help others avoid the same misery.  We don't have much recourse with this type of stuff, so the power of the internet to spread the word is about it.  The company involved?  United Concordia Dental.

The 2 cent version is this:  The dental insurance offered through my husband's employer (we're blessed with EXCELLENT medical insurance) is HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE, and also NOT GOOD.  In short, they have denied over 70% of my family's claims in the past 2 1/2 years of being with them.  Anything that is not a simple cleaning has been wholly or partially denied.  Normal stuff--like fillings, a crown, and some perio work.  A quick check on their facebook page here shows that many others seem to be suffering the same fate.  Complaints and appeals have fallen on deaf ears, and we have been informed that their "dental advisor" has deemed the denied services unnecessary.  At this point, it would be cheaper for us to drop coverage and negotiate cash prices with our dentists.

Fillings are unnecessary.

A crown (for a cracked tooth) is unnecessary.

Seriously?

Funny story--I spoke with "Mike" from UC on 4/7, and on hearing the disappointing news, yet again, that they had no intention of paying, I remarked something to the effect, "With this type of service, you must talk to an awful lot of disappointed people like me."  His reply???  "All day long."  !!!!!

It is my opinion that this company is abusively, possibly even fraudulently, denying claims.  I've filed complaints with the BBB and the insurance commissioner, but you know how that goes.  I'm a little fish in a big pond.

My only power is to warn my friends, family, and acquaintances away from United Concordia Dental.  I've had many dental insurers over the past 30 years from various employers and have never experienced anything like the amazingly bad service we've received from them.  Please avoid them at all costs.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment