Wednesday, April 1, 2015

My Only Sunshine and Fresh Cut Daisies

My Only Sunshine


Start your day with a smile as you experience golden tuberose and jasmine balanced by sandalwood, vanilla, and glowing amber.

I love tuberose.  It is not for everyone.  Tuberose is a huge tropical floral that has clear scent memory for me.  I love perfume, and many of my perfumes are tuberose blends, often with jasmine.  My Only Sunshine has all of the scent notes I love best, but I have to say, the bar I melted of My Only Sunshine was NOT a strong bar.  In fact, it was rather on the lighter end, and I found that disappointing.  It did last a good while, a quixotic thing considering it was such a quiet scent.  I really want to try some more of this, since I know, based upon past experience, that batches CAN vary.  The opening of My Only Sunshine is definitely all about the florals.  The later hours are all about the sandalwood and vanilla.  Yum!  It is delicious. However, if my future trials don't come up with a stronger bar, I'm afraid I won't be able to recommend it.  I don't want to have to stick my nose in my warmer, and I bet you don't either.  The scent is a 10, the last is a 7, and the throw is still yet to be decided.  

Fresh Cut Daisies

A  meadow awash in summer blooms: freshly cut grass and clover with daisies, buttercups, and ivy.

The problem with Fresh Cut Daisies is that it smells just like fresh cut daisies.  It is a very green scent with that earthy bitter accord that daisies have.  And while I don't hate it, it's just not a scent I love.  It reminds me somewhat of Yankee Candle's Loves Me, Loves me Not.  It is quite strong, a very definite throw along with excellent last.  If you love the smell of daisies warming in your summer garden, this is the scent for you--very realistic, quite strong, and very long lasting.  For me, it's about a 6 in scent, but a 10 in throw and last.  


No comments:

Post a Comment